D&D London, the owners and operators of restaurants in London, Leeds, Paris, New York and Tokyo and the South Place Hotel in London have announced today their best ever Christmas trading numbers.
A delighted Des Gunewardena, Chairman and CEO of D&D London commented:
“We were very pleased with December trading and like for like growth in revenues compared with what was a very strong December last year. We continue to be successful with our more recently opened venues like German Gymnasium.
But what is really great to see is the excellent performance of some of our longest established restaurants like Coq d’Argent, Quaglino’s and 100 Wardour Street. These venues have each been open now for two decades and continue to be at the forefront of the London restaurant scene.”
Overall revenues for 4 weeks to 31 December +11% on prior year
- UK like for like revenues + 4%
- Strong performances from established City restaurants
- Madison + 28%
- Coq d’Argent +15%
- Paternoster Chop House +9%
- Strong performances from established West End restaurants
- Quaglino’s +13%
- 100 Wardour Street +8%
- New Year’s Eve +6% like for like
- Significant increase in revenues at overseas venues
- Alcazar, Paris +37%
- Guastavinos, New York +10%
The D&D London recipe for growing revenue in established iconic London restaurants coupled with new and international locations is sure to please investors.