Tourist found dead after suspected carbon monoxide leak at London hotel

A guest at a London hotel has died from a suspected carbon monoxide leak at the property.

According to reports in The Independent the incident occurred on Monday at the Mayflower Hotel in Kensington, London.

The guest, Marcos Cervera, was visiting London from Spain with a friend, Esteban Garcia. Cervera was pronounced dead at the scene, while Garcia was rushed to hospital.

A Metropolitan Police Service spokesperson told The Independent: “Police were called at 13:48hrs on Monday, 5 March to a hotel in Trebovir Road, Kensington following reports of a male found deceased and another person taken ill.

“Officers attended with London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade colleagues also in attendance.

“A male was pronounced dead at the scene. “At this early stage, the death is being treated as unexplained.

“Another male in his 30s has been taken to hospital where he remains in critical condition.

“An investigation is being undertaken by Kensington & Chelsea CID in conjunction with the Environmental Health department.”

The spokesperson added that initial tests had indicated a high reading of carbon monoxide, though the investigation is ongoing.

Source: click here