Pret A Manger’s shop teams will be giving away over 300,000 free drink tokens to encourage customers to ‘Make Someone Smile’ by giving the gift of a complimentary beverage to a loved one, a colleague or a stranger. This will be Pret’s biggest ever giveaway.
The tokens will be handed out at random in Pret shops by Team Members from Monday 19th March until Sunday 25th March and each can be redeemed for a free hot or cold Barista prepared drink.
Pret is known for its ‘random acts of kindness’, whereby Team Members are empowered to give customers a hot drink or treat on the house; this campaign, to encourage customers to spread a little joy, will see Pret turn the tables by asking customers to pass the token on to a friend.
Loren, Barista at Pret Verde in London, comments, “We all genuinely love being able to give away freebies through our ‘random acts of kindness’ initiative. Now it’s the customer’s turn.
Something as small as a free coffee can really make someone’s day.”
Facts about Pret’s organic coffee:
- In busy shops, such as at Waterloo Station, Baristas make over 3,500 hot drinks every day and over 1,000 by 9am most mornings
- The most popular hot drink at Pret is the Latte
- Pret has 835 expert Baristas in the UK – they’ve all trained at the Pret Academy in Victoria, London, where they’ve developed their coffee skills
- Pret’s organic coffee is sourced from Peru, Ethiopia, Honduras and Sumatra
- At the beginning of this year, Pret introduced a 50p discount on all Barista prepared drinks for those who bring in a reusable cup to inspire more customers to use one
Those who are lucky enough to receive a ‘Make Someone Smile’ token will have until Monday 30th April to use it. Full details, including terms and conditions, can be found here